Thursday, November 17, 2011

11/17/11

11/17/11

This is my sister, Karen.  She is moving to Las Vegas and asked me to make the drive from Northeastern Ohio to Nevada with her...so...here we go!!

We are leaving the morning of Friday, November 18, 2011.  We have no set schedule and no reservations.  I am guessing it will take at least 3 days to make the drive but 4 days is certainly not out of the question.




Karen (above right) is a nurse...as is my other sister, Kathy (above left)  She has worked for a Catholic hospital system in the Warren/Youngstown Ohio area for a number of years.  She has agreed to take a position with a Catholic hospital system in Las Vegas.  Her daughter Kelly lives there with her husband and kids so it's not as if Karen is moving to an unknown and unfriendly place.

This will be the first long car trip we have taken together since I was 13 or so but this time Mom and Dad won't be in the front seat smoking Tarringtons.